Looking for a great Father’s Day gift? How about the gift of a clean house! A clean house will let dad sit back and enjoy the day. Plus, clean areas reduce stress and can even help to revitalize old or drab parts of your home.
Giving the gift of cleaning is not only a great way to show the dad in your life that you’re thinking about him but it’s also a great way to ensure that he’s able to truly relax at home this Father’s Day.
And to really take the day to the next level, here are some special cleaning projects you might want to consider:
Clean the Grill
Even if your dad loves grilling, he probably doesn’t love cleaning the grill. Yet, it’s a necessary task and one that can ensure your grill stays in good condition and working well. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when cleaning a grill:
- A warm grill is easier to clean than a cold one, so it’s best to clean it right after use. Make sure to let it cool down a little (think warm, not hot) and take precautions to avoid burns.
- Remove any grates or parts that you can and soak them in warm, soapy water.
- Try the onion trick. It sounds unusual, but onion can be a great way to remove food and buildup on your grill. Just cut an onion in half and rub it on the grill to help make cleaning easy.
Wash His Car
Nothing feels better than getting into a car that’s clean inside and out. And, it’s often hard for parents to keep their car clean. Help make dad’s life a little easier this year by taking on this chore.
Start by decluttering the car. This means throwing out any trash and getting rid of anything else that doesn’t belong in the car.
- Pull out floor mats and shake them out.
- Vacuum the inside of the car and car mats.
- Use cleaning wipes or spray to wipe down the interior surfaces of the car.
- Use a sponge and soapy water to wipe down and clean the exterior.
- Finally, use a glass cleaner to make sure all windows are sparkling!
Organize the Garage
When it comes to cleaning, too often the garage is the place that gets overlooked. This means it’s a great opportunity to wow dad with a freshly organized garage. Start by getting rid of clutter. As you do, keep in mind that what looks like clutter to you might be something that dad uses a lot. With this in mind, play it safe and just get rid of things that are clearly trash.
Once it’s decluttered, you can spend some time organizing and straightening things. Finally, wipe down shelves, clean windows, and vacuum or sweep the floor. You’ll be surprised how much of a difference this will make!
Give the Gift of a Professional Clean
Besides some of these helpful cleaning projects, it’s also a good idea to thoroughly deep clean the house. A good professional cleaning will make your home look, feel and smell fresh and bright! Nashville Brighthouse is here to help make it the best Father’s Day yet. Whether you want a one-time deep clean or recurring cleaning services, we can help. Contact us today to give the gift of a Happy Father’s Day Cleaning!
For more Father’s Day gift ideas, visit this article in Good Housekeeping!